19th Passive and Active Measurement Conference
10th International Symposium on Engineering Secure Software and Systems
26th Annual Network and Distributed System Security Symposium
20th Passive and Active Measurement Conference
4th International Workshop on Traffic Measurements for Cybersecurity Distinguished Paper Award
2019 ACM Asia Conference on Computer and Communications Security
Evaluating the Long-term Effects of Parameters on the Characteristics of the Tranco Top Sites Ranking
12th USENIX Workshop on Cyber Security Experimentation and Test
27th Annual Network and Distributed System Security Symposium
2020 Internet Measurement Conference
31st USENIX Security Symposium
31st USENIX Security Symposium Distinguished Paper Award
- “Tranco: A Research-Oriented Top Sites Ranking Hardened Against Manipulation”: NDSS 2019; Ad Blocker Dev Summit 2019; guest lecture in “Web Security Seminar” course of prof. Phani Vadrevu at University of New Orleans, December 2020; “Identifying Benign Websites Is About to Get Harder: The Demise of the Alexa Top Million” webinar for Ultimate IT Security, April 2022.
- “A Practical Approach for Taking Down Avalanche Botnets Under Real-World Constraints”: NDSS 2020; OWASP Chapters All Day 2020.
- “Mis-shapes, Mistakes, Misfits: An Analysis of Domain Classification Services”: IMC 2020.
- “Exploring (domain abuse for) deceptive advertising”: talk at CISPA WebSec reading group, October 2021.
- “An Audit of Facebook’s Political Ad Policy Enforcement”: CIF Seminar (Q&A), 16 December 2021; panel “Regulating Big Tech was never so urgent” organized by MEP Tom Vandenkendelaere, 14 December 2021; seminar for the SLIDE team of prof. Oana Goga at Grenoble Alps University, April 2022.
- March-April 2019: research visit to prof. Maciej Korczyński at Grenoble Alps University, a.o. for collaboration on the Avalanche project, two months.
- October 2021-January 2022: research visit to prof. Damon McCoy at New York University, Tandon School of Engineering, four months.
- April 2022: research visit to prof. Maciej Korczyński at Grenoble Alps University, two weeks.
- Participation in conferences (workshops): PAM 2018, ESSoS 2018, NDSS 2019, PAM 2019, S&P 2019 (WTMC 2019), USENIX Security 2019 (CSET 2019), IMC 2019, NDSS 2020, EuroS&P 2020 (WTMC 2020), IMC 2020, EuroS&P 2021 (SecWeb 2021), S&P 2022, USENIX Security 2022.
- Participation in summer schools: TMA PhD school 2018, 2nd SecHuman Summer School 2018, 3rd SecHuman Summer School 2019.
- PC member for WTMC 2021, SecWeb 2021, S3 2021, MADWeb 2022, SecWeb 2022, WTMC 2022, CCS 2022.
- Representative on the Departmental Council of the Department of Computer Science at KU Leuven (2020-2024).
- Research Foundation – Flanders, October 2018-2022: individual PhD fellowship, four years (21% success rate).
- Research Foundation – Flanders, August 2022: travel grant to attend USENIX Security 2022.
- Erasmus+ Staff Mobility for Training, April 2022: full grant (€1843) for a visit to Grenoble Alps University.
- Research Foundation – Flanders, October-December 2021: grant (€4290 + travel) for a long stay abroad at New York University.
- Google Cloud, November 2020: research credits ($1000).
- 3rd SecHuman Summer School, June 2019: full grant.
- Erasmus+ Staff Mobility for Training, March-April 2019: full grant (€1500 + travel) for a visit to Grenoble Alps University.
- 2nd SecHuman Summer School, September 2018: full grant.
- 8th Network Traffic Measurement and Analysis PhD School, June 2018: full grant.
- Master of Science, Engineering: Computer Science (Secure Software)
- KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium, 2015-2017
- Summa cum laude
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering: Computer Science/Electrical Engineering
- KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium, 2012-2015
- Magna cum laude