19th Passive and Active Measurement Conference
- DistriNet, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
- PhD researcher, September 2017-May 2023
- Postdoctoral researcher, June 2023-
10th International Symposium on Engineering Secure Software and Systems
26th Annual Network and Distributed System Security Symposium ACSAC 2022 Cybersecurity Artifacts Competition Impactful Dataset Award
20th Passive and Active Measurement Conference
4th International Workshop on Traffic Measurements for Cybersecurity Distinguished Paper Award
2019 ACM Asia Conference on Computer and Communications Security
Evaluating the Long-term Effects of Parameters on the Characteristics of the Tranco Top Sites Ranking
12th USENIX Workshop on Cyber Security Experimentation and Test
27th Annual Network and Distributed System Security Symposium
2020 Internet Measurement Conference
31st USENIX Security Symposium
31st USENIX Security Symposium Distinguished Paper Award
21st Workshop on Privacy in the Electronic Society
A Run a Day Won’t Keep the Hacker Away: Inference Attacks on Endpoint Privacy Zones in Fitness Tracking Social Networks
2022 ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security 2022 CNIL-Inria Privacy Protection Award Runner-up
16th Cyber Security Experimentation and Test Workshop
- “Tranco: A Research-Oriented Top Sites Ranking Hardened Against Manipulation”: NDSS 2019; Ad Blocker Dev Summit 2019; guest lecture in “Web Security Seminar” course of prof. Phani Vadrevu at University of New Orleans, December 2020; “Identifying Benign Websites Is About to Get Harder: The Demise of the Alexa Top Million” webinar for Ultimate IT Security, April 2022.
- “A Practical Approach for Taking Down Avalanche Botnets Under Real-World Constraints”: NDSS 2020; OWASP Chapters All Day 2020.
- “Mis-shapes, Mistakes, Misfits: An Analysis of Domain Classification Services”: IMC 2020.
- “Exploring (domain abuse for) deceptive advertising”: talk at CISPA WebSec reading group, October 2021.
- “An Audit of Facebook’s Political Ad Policy Enforcement”: CIF Seminar (Q&A), 16 December 2021; panel “Regulating Big Tech was never so urgent” organized by MEP Tom Vandenkendelaere, 14 December 2021; seminar for the SLIDE team of prof. Oana Goga at Grenoble Alps University, April 2022; OWASP Belgium Chapter Meeting, September 2022; Ad Filtering Dev Summit 2022, October 2022; TU Delft TPM seminar, October 2022; CIF review, November 2022.
- “Sound data sets and methods for web security research”: Stanford Security Lunch, February 2023; CISPA WebSec Reading Group, February 2023; PhD defense, May 2023.
- “A Run a Day Won’t Keep the Hacker Away: Inference Attacks on Endpoint Privacy Zones in Fitness Tracking Social Networks”: Black Hat Asia (with Karel Dhondt), May 2023.
- March-April 2019: research visit to prof. Maciej Korczyński at Grenoble Alps University, a.o. for collaboration on the Avalanche project, two months.
- October 2021-January 2022: research visit to prof. Damon McCoy at New York University, Tandon School of Engineering, four months.
- April 2022: research visit to prof. Maciej Korczyński at Grenoble Alps University, two weeks.
- October 2022: research visit to prof. Georgios Smaragdakis and prof. Michel van Eeten at TU Delft.
- Participation in academic conferences (workshops): PAM 2018, ESSoS 2018, NDSS 2019, PAM 2019, S&P 2019 (WTMC 2019), USENIX Security 2019 (CSET 2019), IMC 2019, NDSS 2020, EuroS&P 2020 (WTMC 2020), IMC 2020, EuroS&P 2021 (SecWeb 2021), S&P 2022, USENIX Security 2022, IMC 2022, CCS 2022 (WPES 2022), ACSAC 2022, USENIX Security 2023 (CSET 2023).
- Participation in industry/government events: Ad Blocker Dev Summit 2019, Ad Filtering Dev Summit 2022, Black Hat Asia 2023, CNIL Privacy Research Day 2023.
- Participation in summer schools: TMA PhD school 2018, 2nd SecHuman Summer School 2018, 3rd SecHuman Summer School 2019.
- PC member for WTMC 2021, SecWeb 2021, S3 2021, MADWeb 2022, SecWeb 2022, WTMC 2022, CCS 2022, MADWeb 2023, SecWeb 2023.
- Representative on the Departmental Council (2020-2024) and Departmental Board (2022-2024) of the Department of Computer Science at KU Leuven.
- Research Foundation – Flanders, October 2018-2022: individual PhD fellowship, four years (21% success rate).
- ACM Internet Measurement Conference, October 2022: full travel grant.
- Research Foundation – Flanders, August 2022: travel grant to attend USENIX Security 2022.
- Erasmus+ Staff Mobility for Training, April 2022: full grant (€1843) for a visit to Grenoble Alps University.
- Research Foundation – Flanders, October-December 2021: grant (€4290 + travel) for a long stay abroad at New York University.
- Google Cloud, November 2020: research credits ($1000).
- 3rd SecHuman Summer School, June 2019: full grant.
- Erasmus+ Staff Mobility for Training, March-April 2019: full grant (€1500 + travel) for a visit to Grenoble Alps University.
- 2nd SecHuman Summer School, September 2018: full grant.
- 8th Network Traffic Measurement and Analysis PhD School, June 2018: full grant.
- Master of Science, Engineering: Computer Science (Secure Software)
- KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium, 2015-2017
- Summa cum laude
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering: Computer Science/Electrical Engineering
- KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium, 2012-2015
- Magna cum laude